Marc Lazare, D.D.S., M.A.G.D.
Dr. Marc Lazare is a renowned lecturer, dental columnist, featured author in peer reviewed dental journals, teacher, consultant, inventor, and President of Cosmetic Innovations, Inc. Dr. Lazare is well regarded by his peers, recognized as an authority on Cosmetic Dentistry and known by many as ‘Dentist to the Stars’. His client list includes celebrity icons such as Liza Minnelli, Gina Lollobrigida, Cindy Adams and Neil Sedaka, as well as many top models and designers, Tony, Oscar and Emmy winning producers, directors and performers, and even your favorite reality show stars such as Jill Zarin and Sonja Morgan from the Real Housewives of New York. Dr. Lazare has also recently authored a book titled: Dr. Lazare’s – The Patient’s Guide to Dentistry.
Call 212-861-2599 to make an appointment or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Lazare.
Dr. Lazare has been a member of the clinical faculty at the NYU College of Dentistry and has been on the teaching staff at North Shore University Hospital since 1998. He had previously graduated as Chief Resident at North Shore University Hospital, having spent 2 years of residency there. Dr. Lazare started the Teeth Whitening Division at North Shore University Hospital utilizing the latest technologies. Dr. Lazare is President and Founder of Cosmetic Innovations, Inc., a company selling such dental products as Veneer Styx (a device for positioning porcelain laminate veneers) and Inlay/Onlay Styx (a device for trying-in and seating inlays, onlays and posterior ceramic crowns), both of which he invented.
Veneer Styx, rated “Top 100 New Products of 2005” – Dentistry Today and “Top Technique for 2004” – Dental Products Report. His Inlay/Onlay Styx, was written up in Dental Products Report as one of the “Top New Products of 2005” and was featured as one of the “Top 100 Distinctive Products of 2006” – Dental Products Report
Dr. Lazare is also the developer of the Dental Expert, Pediatric Dental Expert and Dental Clinic Apps for the iPhone, iTouch and iPad. The Dental Expert app is a patient’s guide to understanding all aspects of dentistry and its procedures. Additionally, he has been a columnist for 5 different magazines, has been published in numerous other magazines and dental journals, and lectures extensively on teeth whitening, porcelain veneers and other aesthetic techniques, along with speaking about the importance of nutrition as it applies to dentistry. Dr. Lazare holds a B.A. from the University of Pennsylvania, and a D.D.S. degree from New York University College of Dentistry.
Dr. Lazare regularly attends dental education courses to expand his knowledge and stay current with the rapid innovations in his field. He has completed extensive training at the highly esteemed L.D. Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education. Additionally, Dr. Lazare has earned the designation “Master” of the Academy of General Dentistry (MAGD), a title earned by less than 1% of the dentists in the United States. He also is a fellow in both the Academy of General Dentistry and the International Academy for Dental-Facial Esthetics. Dr. Lazare maintains his dental practice in New York City on 61st off Park Avenue.
Dr. Lazare is the President and Founder of the Lazare Institute for Biomimetics and Smile Design – hosting lecturers from around the world. Additionally, Dr. Lazare is one of only a few dentists in the entire New York City area that is trained in and practices Biomimetic Dentistry. He has been certified as an Instructor of Biomimetic Dentistry by the Alleman-Deliperi Center for Biomimetic Dentistry, focusing on reproducing the biomechanics and esthetic properties of intact healthy teeth using the latest techniques and materials. Dr. Lazare additionally serves on the Board for the Academy of Biomimetic Dentistry. Dr. Lazare maintains a dental practice in New York City.
Marc Lazare, D.D.S., M.A.G.D.
1992 – B.A. University of Pennsylvania (Major: Natural Sciences)
1996 – D.D.S. New York University College of Dentistry (Class President)
Post Doctoral Training
1996-1997 – Intern in General Practice Residency Program, Department of Dentistry North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, N.Y.
1997-1998 – Chief Resident in General Practice Residency Program, Department of Dentistry North Shore University Hospital
- 1998 – Present Active Member of the Attending Staff- North Shore University Hospital
- 2000 – Present Member of the Clinical Faculty- NYU College of Dentistry
- Master in the Academy of General Dentistry – Awarded in 2011
- Fellow in the Academy of General Dentistry
- Fellow in the International Academy for Dental-Facial Esthetics
- Fellow in the Academy of Biomimetic Dentistry
Licensure and Certification
- NEW YORK LICENSE #046840 ISSUED1996
- Private Practice in Cosmetic and General Dentistry –
- New York City (115 East 61st Street, Suite 14A, NY, NY 10065)
- President and Founder of Cosmetic Innovations, Inc., a company selling such dental products as Veneer Styx (a device for positioning Porcelain Laminate Veneers) and Inlay/Onlay Styx (a device for trying-in and seating inlays, onlays and posterior ceramic crowns), both of which were invented by Dr. Marc Lazare.
- President and Founder of the Lazare Institute for Biomimetics and Smile Design – Education Center – hosting lecturers from around the world.
- President and Founder of the Kare2Share – A non-profit charitable organization for underprivileged children
- Long time Member of the Executive Board for the Academy of Biomimetic Dentistry (ABD) and past Vice President of Scientific Affairs for the ABD
- President of Academy of Biomimetic Dentistry (ABD)
- Head of the Teeth Whitening Division at North Shore University Hospital
- Consultant for CollaGenex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. – DentaPlex Multivitamins
- Dental Advisory Board ( past member) for eBody.com Health and Dentistry Website
- Health & Money Magazine, Monthly Dental Columnist 1999-2000
- American Health and Fitness Magazine, Monthly Dental Columnist 2000-2003
- Veneer Styx – a device for positioning Porcelain Laminate Veneers
- Inlay/Onlay Styx – a device for trying-in and seating inlays, onlays and posterior ceramic crowns (Patents Pending)
For more information visit: www.cosmeticinnovations.com
Some recent articles that profile our products include: the December Dental Products Report which features the use of Veneer Styx as one of the top techniques for 2004. Additionally, Veneer Styx was listed as one of the Top 100 New Products of 2005 in Dentistry Today’s July 2005 issue. We have also been featured in the December 2004 issue of Dental Economics for Dr. Joe Blaes’ Pearls for your Practice, the February 2005 AGD Impact magazine “What’s hot and what’s getting hotter,” by Dr. Howard Glazer, and the April 2004 issue of the New York State Dental Journal “Products for the Profession.” Our 2nd product Inlay/Onlay Styx, was written up in Dental Products Report as one of the “Top New Products of 2005” and was featured as one of the “Top 100 Distinctive Products of 2006” in the December 2006 issue of Dental Products Report.
Mobile Media Development (iPhone, iTouch, and iPad)
- Dental Expert – This is the patient’s guide to understanding all aspects of dentistry and its procedures. This application includes the most frequently asked dental questions in all categories of dentistry.
- Pediatric Dental Expert – This is a comprehensive parents’ guide to understanding all aspects of dental care – for infants, toddlers, children and adolescents.
- Dental Clinic – This is a special iPad version of the ultimate patient’s guide to understanding all aspects of dentistry and its procedures. This application includes the most frequently asked dental questions in all categories of dentistry.
For more information visit: www.cosmeticinnovations.com/DentalExpert
- Author of Dr. Lazare’s The Patient’s Guide To Dentistry – This is a comprehensive guide for the dental patient to understand all aspects of dentistry and its procedures – Published in 2011.
- Author of Dr. Lazare’s The Patient’s Guide to Biomimetic Dentistry and Smile Deign– Published in 2019.
- “The Biomimetic Smile Makeover – “Conserving and strengthening tooth structure while transforming a smile”, Aegis Publication through CDE World. December 2014.
- “Update on Teeth Whitening”, Inside Dentistry. May 2014.
- “The Smile Makeover – “When a patient says no to Orthodontics”, Inside Dentistry. November 2009.
- “Staging a Smile Makeover – “Treatment planning for patients who require a slower transition into veneers”, Inside Dentistry. November 2010
- “The Smile Makeover – “When a patient has a deep overjet and narrow arch”, Inside Dentistry. November 2013.
- The Infinite Field Magazine, Monthly Dental Columnist 2010-present.
- “General Practice Residency Programs- A Professional and Financially Valuable Experience”, The New York State Dental Journal. February 1997.
- “A New Way To Prevent Heart Disease…. Visit Your Dentist”, American Fitness Magazine 1999
- Health & Money Magazine, Monthly Dental Columnist 1999-2000
- Newsday, Monday, Feb. 7, 2000. Collaborated with Dr. Judy Kuriansky covering Pregnancy and periodontal disease
- Seventeen Magazine—collaborated on Tooth Whitenng Article, February 2001
- Family PC Magazine—Collaborated on Hard Tissue Laser Article, February 2001
- American Health and Fitness Magazine, Bi-Monthly Columnist 2000-present (topics include: Dental Implants, Tooth whitening, the importance of nutrition in dentistry, intra-oral piercings, mouth and night guards, diabetes, Oral Herpes, Oral Halitosis and Sjogren’s Syndrome, the harmful effects of tobacco, and the cosmetic smile design)
- Life & Style Magazine—Best of Beauty 2015 Awards story (10/26/15)
- Life & Style Magazine—Glam Squad Feature (11/2/15)
- Man Repeller Online Magazine—“Let me see ya grill” – (5/29/14)
- AM 1400 WSTC/1350 WNLK – The Lisa Wexler Show
- WYRQ-FM, Minneapolis
- WFAS-AM, New York
- WXBR-AM, Boston
- WKLI-FM, Albany
- KJAG-AM, Wichita
- KWCC-AM/FM, Seattle
- WTER, National
- Radio Vision Network, National
- WFIN-AM, Toledo
- KORN-AM, Sioux Falls
- Conn TV (Atlanta, GA)
- KEYE – CBS (Austin, TX)
- KENS – CBS (San Antonio, TX)
- WYAM (Huntsville, AL)
- Newswatch TV – Nationally Syndicated
- WPHL (Philadelphia, PA) –phl 17 News
- WTSP – CBS (Tampa, FL
- KOB – NBC (Albuquerque, NM)
- WSET – ABC (Roanoke, VA)
- KAYU – FOX (Spokane, WA)
- WFTX – FOX (Ft. Meyers, FL) –Morning Blend
- KGNS – NBC (Laredo, TX)
- KCTU – ION (Wichita, KS)
- WTMJ – NBC (Milwaukee, WI) – The Morning Blend
- KYMA – NBC (Yuma, AZ)
- KGUN – NBC (Tucson, AZ)
- KRQE – FOX (Albuquerque, NM)
- Nationwide Video News Release for Dentaplex, a product of CollaGenix Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Media training and Public Speaking with Betty Cashman 1992-1996
- Media training with Jerry Michaels from Commcore Communication Strategies
- Lectured around the country at various Dental Conventions (including the GNYDM, the ADA meeting in Washington, California Dental Meeting in Anaheim), numerous study clubs, North Shore University Hospital and NYUCD
Lectures (Nationally and Internationally)
- USA (Including New York, Washington DC, California, Texas, Philadelphia)
- Europe – (including Paris, France), Asia – (Including Manila, Philippines)