Dr. Marc Lazare Presents Kare 2 Share
NYC Dentist Gives Back to Community
New York City dentist, Dr. Marc Lazare, D.D.S., M.A.G.D. is active in the field of dentistry, providing patients with expert care while contributing to innovations in the field. A regular figure in the media for his published works, Dr. Lazare has discovered this platform for the opportunity to support his other passion: giving back to the children of his community. Dr. Lazare is proud to announce his new non-profit charity, Kare 2 Share, which joins children with positive role models and confidence-building activities. Youths who are vulnerable due to stressful home lives, bullying, and a lack of positive figures in their lives can be paired with mentors and have access to programs based in the arts.
These artistic outlets are available through a donor program, which can be accessed on the Kare 2 Share website. Through educational partnerships, Dr. Lazare and other volunteers can learn about which children may benefit from extracurricular activities aimed at building self-confidence and creative expression. The arts are hailed as an excellent way to allow children to form tangible creations or develop skillsets from their imagination. A Stanford University study found that academic improvement is more likely when under-resourced communities expose children to programs in the arts outside of their schools.
In Dr. Lazare’s profession, he has the privilege to meet people from all walks of life. Though he is referred to as the ‘Dentist to the Stars,’ he finds his most rewarding interactions are working with less well-to-do members of the New York City area. In many school systems, arts funding is seen as an unnecessary addition to regular school curriculum. In already underprivileged schools, these types of nourishing activities are the first programs to be eliminated from budgets. Where traditional education has failed its students, Dr. Lazare seeks to bridge the gap with Kare 2 Share.
The chosen programs for Kare 2 Share are as follows:
- Writing Workshops – Children will learn how to express themselves through the written word to convey their thoughts, ideas, beliefs, and feelings in eloquent and respected ways.
- Theater – Young people have the opportunity to work as part of a team and witness the admiration of their audience, be it a drama teacher or loved ones and friends.
- Dance – Not only is this an excellent way to get kids up and moving, but it also provides a medium for full-body engagement and expression.
- Martial Arts – Vulnerable populations may be at greater risk for violence, and it is through the martial arts that children can learn how to keep themselves safe. This form of physical activity has a unique ranking structure that awards all improvements and keeps kids striving to be greater.
- Music – Music is the universal language and helps to bond peers who may be a part of different groups. Creating sounds together can help young people transcend their current states to harmonize as a unit.
- Artistic Programs – Creative kids who may not show interest in the other offerings can enter into one of Kare 2 Share’s art programs. Here, they’ll develop new skillsets that translate into other areas of their lives. Children can be proud of their individual creations and learned or honed abilities.
Dr. Marc Lazare is a renowned Manhattan dentist dedicated to helping patients look and feel their best. He practices both general and cosmetic dentistry, staying current on the most recent advancements and techniques in the field. Dr. Lazare has authored the book Dr. Lazare’s The Patient’s Guide to Dentistry, and he educates dentistry students in periodontal instruction. He has also invented a variety of commercially available tools that assist with the placement of veneers.
Testimonial by Dental Lifeline Network
Dental Lifeline Network would like to recognize Dr. Marc Lazare for his efforts to make the world a better place one smile at a time. Through volunteering over 100 hours as well as over $25,000 worth of treatment Dr. Lazare was able to give Roberta the beautiful smile she’d always dreamed of having.
Morgan, and they shot a scene about doing the smile makeover for me. He redid my entire mouth. I got implants first, you know to anchor the teeth in an then we did all these veneers, and it’s beautiful. Everybody says to me, “you have beautiful teeth.” I haven’t heard that in years, I mean, like, oh my God. He gave me back my life, I want to cry.
The staff is great. They’re warm, they’re inviting, they’re helpful, they make sure you have your appointment on time, they go above and beyond. He really is, I would say the best dentist in New York. I know there’s a lot of dentists, but, they don’t hold a candle to him. He cares. How many people really care? He can do the same for any of you that are watching. He can give you back your life.”